B2B relationship marketing
My devils advocate view on B2B marketing…
(and happy to hear other perspectives)
* ATL Brand spend for B2B is inefficient
* B2B marketing favors direct response (including direct mail, email, phone, in-person)
* And who you know, connections and relationships are probably the best possible foot in the door.
Reading all the marketing trade press we can see lots of coverage about big brands and consumer marketing, but shouldn’t we… as a marketing community… some how provide cost efficient and more effective means to market to eachother’s companies?
A professional social network such as Linkedin for example could enable a brilliant means of relationship marketing.
* What kind of services are your companies currently looking for?
* Do you have RFI’s (requests for information) or just some plain old frustrations or resource constraints that fellow Linkedin connections might be able to create proposals for?