A Business Edge article reported that only 35% of business owners felt they have their work and personal life in balance.
That means 65% feel their life needs an adjustment.
61% of the same people would spend an extra hour a day with their personal matters if they could find the extra hour – rather than another hour at work.
Other interesting stats:
33% of entrepreneurs feel the most neglected task in their business is new client lead generation.
25% feel that administrative work is the most time draining task.
We all can relate to the experience of up early… a whole lot of rushing around… but never enough done… and then to bed too late… only for a repeat performance the next day.
What follows is a top-level glance of those areas:
Personal Success Strategy
7 Dimensions of Life Management for the New Professional
- Dimension 1. Awareness and choice – Having the attitude to explore, discover, challenge, create and act.
- Dimension 2. Direction and purpose – Clarifying what is worth doing, what your values and purpose are.
- Dimension 3. Preparation and organisation – Actually organizing those things to a reasonable level
- Dimension 4. Efficiency and management – Maximizing your effectiveness use of time (see InstaTime natural time management)
- Dimension 5. Control and adaptation – Achieving self-control through mind power to maximize your effectiveness
- Dimension 6. Synergy and collaboration
- Collaborating with others to achieve more than you could alone (synergy)
- Dimension 7. Contribution and influence – Influencing global chance through leveraged business applications. (influence)
(See a fuller explanation of the 7 Dimensions)
8 Principles of Productivity
- Manage time by priority, necessity, and _________.
- The key to organizing things is the ability to ________.
- Efficiency is far more important than being ________.
- Effectiveness is more important than ________.
- If you can’t describe what you’re doing as a process, you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Sustained performance depends on renewal.
- ______-________ of success come from integrated thinking.
Visit the Personal Productivity page.
I remember a joke about life on the whole being very very easy… what makes it difficult is other people! Relationships and collaboration are key to leveraged success and how you align your personality type with the style of others is a worthy study for the New Professional. See the Personality Development page.
Apply The Four Success Factors of the New Professional
Visit the Professional Development page.
3 Career Paths of the New Professional
The New Professional pursues one of 3 career paths: Business Owner, Corporate Climber, or Netrepreneur.
There are 3 career paths for the New Professional. Select your path:
- Corporate Climber: Managing Pressure, Opportunity, and Ambition At Work
- Business Owner: Management & Marketing For Your Own Business
- Netrepreneur: Skills For Managing Online Traffic & Conversion
And here are the…
This is achieved by using…
The New Professional’s Activity Matrix
The main site navigation on the right gives you access to the activity matrix.
Access to the New Professional’s Activity Matrix
- Preparation – Your personal and career success strategy.
- Research – Market, competitor, company, product, customer research.
- Development – Team, process, product, market presence, etc..
- Conversion – Strategic marketing campaigns and copywriting for customer acquisition, retention and lifetime value.
- Traffic – search, social media, partnerships, direct marketing and more.
- Tracking – Performance measurement for ongoing improvement.
Review your current situation, skills, abilities, knowledge, aspirations, motivations, hurdles, experiences, and connections. See the Personal Strategy page.
Management Resources throughout this site…
- Strategy and Objectives
- Projects and Process
- People and Performance