Forrester Research Shows Trends For Online Marketers
Forresterâ€™s June 2009 study revealed the following primary conclusions:
- A network of best of breed technologies â€” what Forrester calls the â€œonline marketing suiteâ€ â€” will support advanced online marketing strategies.
- Marketers should prepare for the online marketing suite now, as online is becoming an increasingly strategic part of the marketersâ€™ mix.
- While many marketers struggle to embrace technology today, more successful online marketers prioritize technology investments.
- Successful marketers will require an online marketing suite that automates and unifies customer insight and action across channels.
- Firms can prepare for the online marketing suite by growing their agency and vendor relationships, aligning with IT, and creating a long-term data and strategy plan.
- Marketers emphasize strategy and technology integration as critical skills for the future health of their organization (see Figure 1).