“The skills which leaders really need to learn are ones for which there is precious little training. You have to discover the skills and the rules of the game yourself.” – Jo Owen entrepreneur, author and speaker.
What types of training really contribute to a managers effectiveness?
- Sales training
- Marketing training
- Business training
- Leadership training
- Time management training
- Stress management training
- Change management training
- Professional development training
And training can come in the form of internal meetings, books, seminars, workshops, information courses, external consultancy, etc.
Here’s what to do:
- List the types of training that might facilitate your performance towards your objectives
- Research what low cost and higher cost training is available (a $20 book up to $2000 coaching)
- If you need to get budget sign-off, then I would suggest you demonstrate personal initiative by investing in a low-cost option yourself to demonstrate dedication and also progress before requesting funding for a higher cost training program
By exploring this site you will find access to varied low to medium cost management training tools.