The Indicators (or Key Performance Indicators) will give you the reporting fire power to demonstrate your results, and to help guide your next campaign and tweak your entire marketing engine.
The sales funnel
prospects > lead > qualify > nurture > propose > close > service > repeat
The marketing function works on inquiry generation, lead qualification, and sales opportunity development… achieved through developing your Customer Centre (CC) with components such as:
1. Customer Contact Preferences
2. Grading Customers – identifying target segments
3. Creating a Customer Contact Plan – positioning, what criticial success factors need to be covered to capture your high worth target prospects?
4. Marketing and Sales Communication Plan – Message sequencing and inquiry capture devices to generate a new qualified prospect list (lead qualification) through your marketing communications
Successful implementation involves:
1. Involving the sales force – those on the front line probably know the prospect best
2. Determining objectives – cost per lead, quality vs quantitiy of leads, etc.
3. Developing the promotion strategy – read-map of steps required for accomplishing the objectives
4. Developing the creative strategy -
5. Developing the media strategy
6. Planning capacity and lead flow
7. Developing the follow-up strategy
8. Measuring results after the promotion has begun